Soybean(100% domestic) 75%, Sun-dried salt(100% domestic) 9%, Barley(100% domestic) 16%
No chemical additives such as preservatives, artificial colorings or synthetic seasoning. JookJangYeon is vintage jang made with nothing but Mother Nature and wisdom of time.
Best-before or Date of Minimum Durability:
Date of Minimum Durability: 12 months, Best-before Date: See product label
JOOKJANGYEON PREMIUM DOENJANG
JookJangYeon’s jang is produced in keeping with the traditional doenjang-making method, using the best ingredients such as soybean harvested in Jookjang, Cheongsong and Yongyang area, carefully filtered natural bedrock water pumped from 200 meters under, Shinan sun-dried salt that has gone through 3 years of natural bettern-removal process, and in the most hygenic facility, placing JookJangYeon products on an entirely different level.
HONEST JANG MADE BY GOOD PEOPLE
1005 local soybeans lovingly grown and harvested by the residents of Jookjang-myeon Sangsa-ri, a remote village blessed with pristine natural environment and where out-of-towners are really spotted, are boiled carefully in 16 gamasots (cauldron) with oak firewood.
Menu blocks made with boiled and crushed local soybeans are then dried by natural wind for over a month, followed by another month of natural fermentation process in a hwangtoh (loess-brick) room covered in rice straw blanket.
Yet another two months of waiting is required before these menu blocks become thoroughly ready to be born as ‘Jang’ on a specially selected auspicious day in the first month of lunar New Year. Carefully filtered natural bedrock water pumped from 200 meters under, Shinan sun-dried salt that has gone through 3 years of natural bittern-removal process, Sangsa-ri’s naturally blessed environment and the honest jang-making method of its residents all work together to create the premium hang ‘JookJangYeon.’
Our ‘Jang’ is ripen slowly yet surely in Korean traditional breathable earthenware pots made by Master Mu-Nam Lee from Cheongsong, Intangible Culture Asset No. 25 for his craftsmanship of jangdok. Every year from early winter till early spring, JookJangYeon’s jangdokdae (platform or place to keep jangdoks) misses not a single ray of sunlight from dawn till dusk for over 3,000 jangdoks for premium vintage hang ‘JookJangYeon’, waiting for the day to meet the world.
Nothing but Mother Nature and wisdom of time.
THE DIFFERENCE IN UNIQUE AND PREMIUM PROCESS -VINTAGE
“We adopted wine aging process in creating premium “vintage” fermented bean paste that requires nothing but fine key ingredients that is aged in “Hangari” (Earth Crock) that provides perfect aging process in unpolluted environment. The entire aging process for each year’s harvest is documented and characterized for its distinctive vintage.
HOW JOOKJANGYEON PREMIUM JANG IS MADE…
– In the first month of lunar year every year, 1,000 new jangdoks (crock for fermented soybean pastes) are filled to the brim to ripen just right under our watchful eyes.
– JookJangYeon only uses 100% locally grown soybeans in JookJang area.
– JookJangYeon only uses Shinan sun-dried salt that has gone through 3 years of natural bittern-removal process.
– Soybeans are boiled in gamasot (cauldron) with oak firewood and nothing else.
– Every year, 20,000 blacks of menu are dried with natural wind in the most hygienic conditions.
– JookJangYeon uses Korean traditional breathable earthenware pots made by master Mu-Nam Lee from Cheongsong, Intangible Cultural Asset No. 25 for hist craftsmanship of jangdok.
– Artificial flavors, colors or preservatives are never ever added.
MAKE YOUR INBOX MORE DELECTABLE
Sign up to receive exclusive deals, new products and more